Antenna is looking for Festival Producer to join its team
Antenna is Australia’s international documentary film festival, established in 2011 to celebrate creative cinematic documentaries from Australia and around the world. The festival is held annually in October over six intensive days in Sydney and showcases the very best in documentary cinema together with Gala Awards, Q&A sessions, international guests, master-classes, workshops, retrospective program and other special audience and industry events. The seventh year of the Antenna festival will run 10th-15th October 2017.
Dates: Full-time from 1 August – 20th October 2017
The Festival Producer oversees all aspects of the festival operations, logistics and delivery of the event. The role offers a great hands-on experience of festival production, helping to develop industry experience and connections. Reporting to the Festival Directors, the Festival Producer will perform and are responsible for a variety of tasks including;
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production and delivery of the Antenna festival, handling all logistical and operations
- Work closely with Festival Directors to collate and produce festival program, including writing summaries, editing and proofing where
- Oversee the graphic design of the festival program, posters website, etc.
- Oversee Print Traffic materials
- Manage Opening & Closing Nights, Partners and VIP invitations (in collaboration with an Event Manager)
- Oversee the delivery of all print, radio, web and TV advertising materials/requirements.
- Manage all media partnership and relationship commitments (ensuring all partner commitments are delivered).
- Develop and deliver micro marketing/grassroots campaign for each film.
- Develop and deliver the coordination of e-News partnerships.
- Oversee the Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and writing and editing of eNews content
- Demonstrated track record in producing events
- Exceptional communication skills and liaison skills with a variety of different stakeholders
- Exceptional writing skills, being able to tailor style to ‘festival voice’
- Outstanding Microsoft Office and social media skills
- Experience of managing a team (paid or voluntary)
- Valid driving license (held for more than two years)
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premier, InDesign)
- Passionate about art and culture, especially Documentary
Antenna Documentary Film Festival operates a policy on all matters pertaining to Equal Opportunities: Antenna believes that culture, the media and the process of changing culture are important driving forces in creating a society which is proud of its diversity and its multi-cultural heritage. Antenna will actively promote and celebrate this diversity and in all its activities take positive action to end all forms of discrimination including based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, sexual orientation.
If interested in applying for the role of Festival Producer of Antenna 2017, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD, Friday 14 July 2017.
- Cover letter (one page) outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- A synopsis of a recent film you have seen (100-150 words)
- A Facebook post advertising the film of your selection