PositionTitle: Development Manager: Philanthropy
Reporting to: Festival Director
Salary: $75k pro rata + superannuation
Contract Dates: 3 days a week, one-year contract
Application Deadline: 5 July 2019
- Working with the Director, Board members and Fundraising Committee, develop and implement a long term philanthropy strategy focused on retaining and increasing the engagement of current donors, and identifying and engaging prospective donors in response to agreed targets.
- Secure grants from government and the philanthropic sector
- Work with the Festival Director, Festival’s Board, and Fundraising Committee to devise and implement new initiatives designed to increase philanthropic revenue
- Manage administrative functions including donation processing and receipting, record keeping and reporting, and an appropriate donor acknowledgement strategy.
- Attend donor-focused events during the Festival and from time to time throughout the year, as required.
- Work with the Director to identify suitable corporate partners and increase corporate support.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following capabilities:
- Excellent understanding of the fundraising, economic and philanthropic environments in Australia
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising role with demonstrated success securing support
- High level verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing reports/proposal/acquittals
- Ability to work effectively and positively, both independently and within a team environment
Sign up to receive the latest announcements, networking invitations and more.